About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
An outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus has been declared a pandemic. The virus is named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes is named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). It has been responsible for thousands of deaths worldwide, including the United States, Virginia, and Virginia counties and cities.
Get the Facts
- Cases of COVID-19 are surging in Virginia. We need everyone’s help to stop the spread.
- On March 30, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam issued a stay at home Executive Order Fifty-Three.
- VDH urges all Virginians should stay home and practice social distancing. If you have to go out, stay 6 feet away from others.
- Avoid public spaces, public activities, and group gatherings.
- Put distance between yourself and others if you are sick. Call ahead before seeking medical care.
Should you have additional questions, you may contact:
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Question Hotline for NKC residents: (804) 365-3340
- The New Kent County Health Department: (804) 966-9640
- The Virginia Department of Health: 1-877-ASK-VDH3 (1-877-215-8343)