DMV Connect is coming to New Kent! DMV Connect will be in the New Kent County Administration Building Boardroom (12007 Courthouse Circle, New Kent) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, October 14, 2021.
DMV Connect operates by appointment only - visit https://vadmvappointments.as.me/schedule.php?calendarID=4802647 to set yours up today.
Appointments are available for the following specific services which generally necessitate in-person service:
- Original driver's licenses
- Original commercial driver's licenses
- REAL ID
- Replacement driver's license for a name change
- Original and renewal ID cards
- ID card replacements for a name change
- Original and replacement disable placards
- HAZMAT fingerprinting (Certain customer service centers only; not available with DMV Connect)
- Original and substitute titles (Drop-off service for original titles is an alternative to an appointment. Titles processed via DMV Connect will arrive by mail.) https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#title_app_d.
- Original and transfer of vehicle registrations (no title)
- Vital records (Not available with DMV Connect)
- Compliance/Reinstatement of Driving Privileges to include insurance payment plan set-up
- Payment Plan: Monthly Installment Payment
- Knowledge testing for learner's permits and business partners
- Road skills testing for passenger vehicles (all offices except Fair Oaks, Pentagon and Arlington Metro); DMV Connect cannot conduct road skills testing. Customers taking an in-vehicle road skills test must wear a mask. Road skills tests are administered in English. If you would like to bring an interpreter, you must schedule your test at a closed course location. A list of locations is available at dmvNOW.com/skillstest
- Road skills testing for motorcycles (limited locations); DMV Connect cannot conduct motorcycle road skills testing.
Customers who need to conduct other transactions should do so via dmvNOW.com or by mail, or visit on a walk-in-only day.
For customers who need in-person service for one of the transactions above, please schedule an appointment. The appointment must be in the name of the person receiving services.
Customers are limited to one appointment per person. If you have more than one transaction, please make a multiple services appointment which allows for up to three transactions. If more than one appointment is made by the same person, all subsequent appointments will be cancelled.
Customers who arrive late may need to reschedule. Please provide your cell phone number when you make your appointment; we may text you updates on the day of your appointment.
We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously and are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Virginia Department of Health guidance. Customers should not come to DMV if they are feeling ill or have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19. Please wear a face covering if you are not fully vaccinated and are age 5 or older. (Face coverings must be removed while a DMV employee is taking your photo for a license or identification card.)