Click to Home
New Kent County, Virginia

Go To Search
What is and where do I apply for a VSMP permit?
The VSMP, or Virginia Stormwater Management Program permit, is a state requirement and issued by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). The VSMP permit is only required when the land disturbance exceeds 1 acre or more or the property will be served by public water, public sewer, or both. For more information regarding the VSMP permit please go to:


Show All Answers

1. When do I need a land disturbance permit from the County?
2. Who is a RLD and where can I find one?
3. What is and where do I apply for a VSMP permit?
4. What is a Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Land Use Permit and why would I need one?
5. Where are the Transfer Stations or Refuse Collection and Recycling Centers and what do they accept?
6. Everything I read is full of acronyms, what do they all mean?
7. When/Why does my septic system need to be pumped out?
8. How do I find the location of my septic system and/or my drain field?
9. Where can I purchase RPA signs?