Click to Home
New Kent County, Virginia

Go To Search
Who is a RLD and where can I find one?
In 2001, Virginia implemented the Responsible Land Disturber (RLD) Certificate Program. This program was designed to help reduce erosion of sediment from projects within the Commonwealth. The State requires that before an Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) plan can be approved in Virginia, the project must have an RLD that is certified through the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation. The RLD must provide original signatures to all applications before submission.
A RLD is a person who holds a DCR RLD Certificate/DCR Inspector, Plan Reviewer, Combined Administrator or Contractor Certificate/Virginia Professional Engineer, Land Surveyor, Landscape Architect or Architect License.
What are the responsibilities of the RLD on a project in New Kent? The RLD must attend the Pre-Construction meeting; inspect the erosion and sediment control measures including silt fence, construction entrance, and inlet and outlet protections at least once every two weeks or after a major rain event.


Show All Answers

1. When do I need a land disturbance permit from the County?
2. Who is a RLD and where can I find one?
3. What is and where do I apply for a VSMP permit?
4. What is a Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Land Use Permit and why would I need one?
5. Where are the Transfer Stations or Refuse Collection and Recycling Centers and what do they accept?
6. Everything I read is full of acronyms, what do they all mean?
7. When/Why does my septic system need to be pumped out?
8. How do I find the location of my septic system and/or my drain field?
9. Where can I purchase RPA signs?