SMOKE ALARMS … What You Need To Know
"Hear the BEEP where you SLEEP".
Access printable Smoke Alarms Safety Tips sheet published by the NFPA.
Did you know?
- The death rate per 100 reported fires was twice as high in homes without a working smoke alarm as it was in home fires with this protection.
- The U.S. has the highest incident rate of home fires in the world, with one fire being reported every minute across the nation.
- In 2008, there were 1,451,500 fires in the U.S., which resulted in 3,320 deaths and 16,705 injuries.
- Home fires were responsible for 80 percent of those deaths and 79 percent of those injuries.
- Almost all U.S. homes have a smoke detector, but 63 percent of home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes without WORKING smoke alarms!
- The absolute best way to keep you and your family safe at home from fire is to have at least one working smoke alarm, but preferably to have more than one especially in heavily partitioned homes.