What is and where do I apply for a VSMP permit?

The VSMP permit, or Virginia Stormwater Management Program permit, is a state requirement for primarily commercial projects exceeding one (1) acre in disturbed area. New Kent County is its own VSMP Authority, so applications for VSMP permits come through our office prior to being input into the State’s permitting system. The permit is issued by the State Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a land disturbance permit from the County?
2. Who is a RLD and where can I find one?
3. What is and where do I apply for a VSMP permit?
4. Everything I read is full of acronyms, what do they all mean?
5. What is Resource Protection Area (RPA)?
6. When and why does my septic system need to be pumped/inspected?
7. How do I find out information about my septic system?
8. How do I find out if there are Wetlands or RPA (Resource Protection Area) located on my Property?